Imagined Place










This is a large painting. 20 x 60. It is titled 'Imagined Place'. I did not use any references for this acrylic painting although, the mountains out here on the west coast were a wonderful inspiration. I love the southwestern part of the United States and, can't help but be inspired when I paint. The mountains, the deserts, the light, the sunsets, the flora, the sky. There are endless reasons to love this place. I tried to imagine mountains that were sensuous and curvy. This is what I came up with. Someone said my mountains looked like folds of fabric. I like that description.
Acrylic on canvas. 20 x 60

1 comment:

brespice33 said...

Edith, I love your work and I am so happy that you are finally able to get back to it. I hope to be able to purchase some of your work before you blow up...
-Brenda